Sunkoshi River Rafting
All inclusive price$ 820 USD
Trek Excursion Nepal - Sunkoshi River Rafting Packages
The Sun Koshi literally means the ‘River of Gold’ in English and is named after discovery of gold from the river bed during planning process. It features among the top ten river rafting destinations in this world! Sun Kosi River Rafting comes in the “must do activities” list while travelling to Nepal. Having its origin close to Mt. Shisha Pangma in Tibet and running in east direction of Nepal, Sun Koshi river drains the top mountains of the Himalayas before appearing on the Indian plains to meet the Ganges. Our Sunkoshi River Rafting in Nepal will take you on a 270km trip passing through some of the most isolated areas of Nepal giving you extremely wild adventure experience. Starting from Dolalghat and concluding at Chatra in far-flung eastern Nepal, we assure that your rafting in Sunkoshi River will be an amazing journey with a mix of exciting whitewater, gorgeous scenery and wonderful evenings in camps set on white sandy shore. While enjoying optimal excitement of crossing the Mahabharat Lekh range in your rafting trip you will view convergence of many of its tributaries along with high rising mountains, open and deep gorges, forest, many isolated villages, white sandy beach shore, groups of monkeys, and birdlife in great abundance. With our experienced rafters, it will prove to be a much safer and easier Sun Kosi River rafting for you.
Sun Koshi River rafting will begin from Dolalghat and last for 8 days, allowing you to encounter rather relaxed class 3 type rapids initial part of the trip and work on joint effort for approaching expedition. With the exclusion of some huge rapids such as Harkapur the normal standard of the river trip gets increasingly difficult as you move down, so you need time to stretch and practice rafting on calm river water before you pass the more exciting larger and more difficult rapids down the river line. It will be pleasingly surprised to know how much you could improve your rafting skills by the time your trip comes to an end!
After great thrilling experience in river rapids the 8th & final day of our Sun Koshi River Rafting will make you arrive at the thriving village of Chatara.
Every Day Itinerary
• Day 1st: You will have to meet at the specified place in Kathmandu at 7 am, store luggage, listen the plan, and take a quick breakfast as well as a spectacular ride to Dolalghat along with fantastic view of the Himalayan Ranges.
• Day 2nd: After breakfast in morning, get ready with the safety gear and start to roll down the Sun Koshi river, encountering a grade 4+ rapid.
• Day 3rd: You will raft a couple of kilometers under Likhu joining with Sun koshi river and enjoy both grade 3+ ‘Pre-Anxiety’ and grade 4 extensive ‘High Anxiety’ rapids together with a big hole on the left middle part down the river and a umber of standard holes at the base, floating a little and then staying in camp.
• Day 4th: You will begin with many grade 3+ rapids then have a small but fast stopover for purchasing food and drink (beer). Then be prepared to move towards Harkapur where 2 and 3 of the largest and the toughest rapid can be ecountered on the river with skillful rafting & overnight camping.
• Day 5th: Some distance will be rafted down Harkapur where Dudh Kosi meets the Sun Kosi river flowing from the left. As the convergence expands into a barren area made of gravel, our experts will train you to move into one more properly named wild rapid 'Jaws' and avail camping facility at night.
• Day 6th:It will be far difficult day of your Sunkoshi River Rafting in Nepal as many of the class 4+ rapids will come your way with a highly exciting experience.
• Day 7th: Last two days are mostly training on how to cross waves and kayaking ca also be enjoyed where with basic instructions from our experts that includes how to handle the kayaks or perform the Eskimo roll. Camping is also ensured.
• Day 8th: In the last day of your river rafting, you will experience a number of high rising leading to the final grade 4+ Big Dipper. After crossing a few kms yo will come across the meeting point of Tamur and Big Arun river which is better recognised as the Sapta Kosi. Then you will flit around the potent current and the scenic hills.
Write a Review
Sunkoshi River Rafting Price Includes
To get a accurate quote for your Sunkoshi River Rafting, we would like you to provide us with vital details such as the number of group members, the class of hotel, the kind of transportation (airflight, bus, jeep etc) & any change in your route. Be sure to contact us with these details so that you can be delivered with the quote quite fast.
- Transportation to/from Kathmandu in private vehicles as metione in tour program.
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner during the Sun Koshi rafting period.
- All the required rafting equipment including safety and medical tools such as lifejackets, self-bailing rafts, helmets, plastic paddles, dry bags etc.
- Rafting experts, cooks, and helping staff.
- Campfire & accommodation beside river beach.
- Travel insurance.
- All rafting fees, Local/ Government/ taxes, all national park entry fees.
Sunkoshi River Rafting Price Excludes
- All kinds of personal expenses such as laundry, cold/alcoholic drinks Mineral water, etc during the trip.
- Food & accommodation cost in case of any natural calamity caused by weather
- Air rescue & emergency flight in case of bad weather and theft/loss/damage to luggage and personal belongings.
- Tips & gratuities.
Exclusive Info Regarding Trip
Location: Sunkoshi River
Start Point: Dolalghat
End Point: Chatara
Actions & Activities: White Water River Rafting
Trip Period: 8 Days
Trip Difficulty: Moderate
Right Time: September to May
Accommodation: Camp Tents
Transfer: Drive in/out